1. My name, place of origin, and anything that characterizes me.
Hello, everyone. I'm Satoshi Fukao. Please call me "Fukao". My place of origin is Kyoto City, Kyoto Prefecture. Now, I live in Fujieda City, Shizuoka Prefecture. I'm really into watching horror movies. Recently, I watched "Ring Series". Do you know the movies "Ring Series"? I think if you heard "Sadako", you would understand what the movies.
2. My academic field, my doctoral study theme, and the most interesting aspect of my work at the moment
I'm Ph.D. student at Gifu University. My academic field is "Biological and Production Science". My doctoral study theme is " Elucidation of the symbiosis between Wisteria flowers and Carpenter Bees". I sent the photo symbolize it. The most interesting aspect of my work at the moment is communicating with my younger student about Wisteria flowers.
3. Any food or cultural events that I had recently and was impressed
In April this year, Firstly I ate a slide dish of boiled seasoned Wisteria flowers. Wisteria flowers have so strong flavor, I couldn't catch the wisteria flower's taste. Next day I ate it, I had an upset stomach. I would not eat it (lol).

Your story about tasting Wisteria flowers was really interesting, and I admire how you explore both research and cultural aspects in your work. I’m not very familiar with this topic, but may I ask whether Wisteria flowers are considered edible and how they are usually prepared?
返信削除Thank you for your reading my blog. Wisteria flowers are considered edible in some areas of the Tohoku region. I heard that Wisteria flower’s seeds are contained in "udon soup".
返信削除