Hello everyone,
I'm Satsuki Funatsu. Please call me Satsuki.
I'm from Nagato City, Yamaguchi Prefecture. My hometown is famous for Misuzu Kaneko and Motonosumi Shrine. Misuzu Kaneko is a poet known for works such as “A Bell, a Bird and Me” and “Are You an Echo?” Motonosumi Shrine is popular with tourists. A row of 123 torii gates creates a beautiful view. Also, my hometown faces the sea. So, I used to play at the beach. For example, swimming, fishing, catching fish with a net, building sandcastles, ...I still enjoy fishing when I go back to my parents’ home.
My major is forest ecology, and my doctoral study theme is the interaction between sika deer and Japanese serows. I’m really interested in one change spreading to others, which in turn triggers yet another change. Both sika deer and Japanese serows are mammals that inhabit forests and feed on plants. In recent years, the population of sika deer has been increasing, raising concerns about the impact on Japanese serows. I want to explore these relationships and clarify whether there is truly an impact.
Last month, as a welcome party for an international student from France, I ate salt-grilled ayu with my lab members. My senior caught many ayu with a casting net in the Nagara River. It was the spawning season for ayu, and many were large. We grilled it over charcoal, so it smelled nice and tasted delicious.
Thank you!
Satsuki Funatsu
Serving fish that he caught himself—what a truly luxurious welcome party!" I used to fish every two weekends in my childhood, but I did not learn any about the way of cooking.
返信削除
削除When I was a child, my parents cooked for me, so I also didn't know much about preparing fish. I'm currently learning how to cook fish, with guidance from my grandmother and seniors.