My recommended tea varieties (Natsuki TONE)

2026年1月16日金曜日

t f B! P L

 I've realized something important: I haven't introduced my research plant, tea!

I guess I got so used to explaining it all the time that I thought I already had...

I study tea, commonly known as o-cha. Among the various types of tea enjoyed in Japan, I primarily research the tea used for green tea.

Tea plants are broadly divided into Camellia sinensis var. assamica, used for black tea, and Camellia sinensis var. sinensis, used for Chinese teas and green tea.

The variety primarily cultivated in Japan is called Yabukita. However, there are several other varieties I can recommend.

My recommendations are Tsuyuhikari and Marishi.

Tsuyuhikari is known for its high umami content.

Marishi contains a lot of catechins, giving it a stronger, more pronounced astringency characteristic of green tea.

Shizuoka has many tea shops, and some carry these varieties. A friend introduced me to a shop called “Chagama.” It seems to be fairly new, but it carried teas rarely seen even within Shizuoka Prefecture.

If you get the chance, stop by and check it out~!!



Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ