A Short Kyoto Journey (Yuni)

2025年11月27日木曜日

t f B! P L

Last Monday, on November 24th, I had the chance to take a wonderful short trip to Kyoto with my supervisor and labmates. Since it was a holiday, we were all excited to relax for a while and enjoy the beauty of the autumn season, a perfect escape from our usual research routine. Even though it was just a one-day trip, the experience felt rich, refreshing, and memorable.

Our first destination was the iconic Kiyomizu-dera Temple. As soon as we arrived, I was struck by how breathtaking the temple looked in the middle of peak autumn. The wooden main stage overlooking the city was surrounded by a sea of vibrant red, orange, and yellow leaves. Standing there, with the cool breeze and the sound of people chatting around us, I felt completely mesmerized. It truly felt like stepping into a painting.
Although the crowds were quite dense, everyone wanted to catch the best autumn scenery, it didn’t bother me much. Every corner of the temple grounds offered a new perspective, a new color palette, and a new moment to appreciate.


                        

Our next stop was Fushimi Inari Taisha, one of Kyoto’s most famous landmarks. The long path of bright red torii gates felt even more magical with the soft autumn light shining through them. Walking through the gates, listening to footsteps echo between the pillars, and occasionally looking back to see the endless rows behind us created a feeling that was both peaceful and energizing. The contrast between the vivid red gates and the warm golden leaves made the atmosphere feel uniquely “Kyoto”, traditional, elegant, and wonderfully serene.


For our final stop, we headed to the Eizan Electric Railway’s Momiji Tunnel. Because we were visiting during autumn, we didn’t want to miss this seasonal highlight. The moment the train entered the illuminated maple-tree tunnel, everyone on board fell silent for a few seconds. Both sides of the train were surrounded by glowing red and orange maple leaves, almost like a scene from a movie. The tunnel is only about 200 meters long, but the moment felt incredibly special—short, yet magical, like a small gift from autumn itself.


Although it was just a simple one-day trip, the memories are something I will cherish for a long time. Traveling with my supervisor and lab mates also made the experience warmer and more meaningful. I’m grateful that I could enjoy such beautiful scenery while learning more about Japanese culture and seasonal traditions.

Japan has so many amazing places to explore, and I hope I can visit more spots like this in the future. I’m looking forward to sharing my next adventure with all of you.

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ