Introduction (WAKAZONO Ayaka)

2025年11月19日水曜日

t f B! P L

 Hello, everyone. My name is Wakazono Ayaka. My friends often call me "Zono," so please feel free to call me that. I was born in Ogaki City, Gifu Prefecture, and currently live in Aichi Prefecture. I love animals, and I have many at home.  I live with two hamsters named Hamuchi and Oimo, a Japanese fire-bellied newt named Mutsugorou, and a ringneck dove named Poppo. They make my everyday life lively and very fun.

This year, I started my doctoral studies at the Department of Biological Production Science, United Graduate School of Agricultural Sciences, Gifu University. I am studying the relationship between reproductive tactics and neuropeptide expression using fish, particularly medaka fish. Males of many animals complement rivals, appeal to females, and decide whether or not to participate in mating behavior in the first place in order to succeed in reproduction. By investigating the molecular mechanisms at work in the brain during these situations, I aim to deepen my understanding of reproductive behavior and neuropeptides.

Recentry, the Japanese food that has particularly impressed me is misonikomi udon. I attended a academic conference in Nagoya, and a friend from another university asked me to take them to a recommended restaurant in Nagoya, so I went to a famous misonikomi udon restaurant. Even though I have lived in Gifu and Aichi for many years, it was actually my first time eating misonikomi udon! I guess I always thought I could eat it anytime because it was so close. When I actually tried it, the miso was well-infused into the ingredients and it was truly delicious. The miso flavor was not too sweet, giving it a mature taste, and I felt like I could eat it forever. If you want to eat a lot, you might want to order a large portion of noodles.

I look forward to learning about your favorite foods and cultures through this blog.

Wakazono Ayaka

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ