1. Name and Background
My name is Mayumi Matsui. I currently work at Gifu University while also pursuing my studies, which is one unique aspect of my background. I am engaged in research in the field of educational technology and also design and manage several PBL programs.
Before returning to academia, I worked at a foreign-affiliated pharmaceutical company in the regulatory affairs and drug safety departments. In graduate school, my previous research focused on cancer stem cells in glioblastoma.
2. Academic Field and Research Interests in the Doctoral Course
My doctoral field is biochemistry (molecular biology), and my dissertation theme is “Establishment of prorenin-specific diagnostics for diabetic complications based on prorenin structure.”
What currently fascinates me most in my research is exploring why prorenin can potentially serve as a biomarker for diabetic complications.
3. A Recent Food or Cultural Experience
Recently, on a visit to Hue in central Vietnam as an accompanying teacher for a PBL program, I was impressed by a traditional dish called Nem Lui, which consists of minced meat wrapped around a lemongrass stalk and grilled. I found it strikingly similar to Japanese tsukune. Since Nem Lui seems to be unique to central Vietnam, it made me wonder whether it could be the origin of tsukune—or whether people around the world naturally come up with tsukune-like dishes independently. This cultural and culinary resemblance left a strong impression on me.
I look forward to learning from everyone’s diverse experiences.
Mayumi
Ten years ago, we used to tease students who went out to eat and took pictures of their food, asking, 'Why are you taking photos?' But now, I find myself taking photos diligently. On this blog, such pictures are extremely useful, so it’s a good idea to take your own.
返信削除When I travel, I take photos of things that are unusual, but surprisingly, I don't take photos of things that I eat every day, like Japanese tsukune.
削除