This picture captures the true spirit of an Indian-style party organized by Indians living in Japan. Far from home, this gathering was not just about food but about celebrating culture, friendship, and togetherness. Through traditional Indian dishes, familiar flavors, and shared effort, a small piece of India was recreated in Japan.
The celebration begins with starters, which play an important role in setting the mood of an Indian party. Pakoras, freshly fried until golden and crispy, are perfect to enjoy while chatting and relaxing. Along with them, pani puri adds a special kind of excitement to the table. Pani puri is one of India’s most loved street foods, known for its burst of flavors in every bite. The crispy hollow puris are filled with spiced potatoes and chickpeas, then dipped into tangy, spicy, and refreshing flavored water. The moment it goes into the mouth, it creates a perfect balance of spice, sourness, and freshness, instantly bringing back memories of crowded Indian streets, evening snacks, and joyful moments with friends and family.
The main course reflects the richness and diversity of Indian home-style cooking. Gobi sabji, prepared with cauliflower and traditional spices, represents simple yet comforting vegetarian food commonly enjoyed in Indian households. Chicken curry, cooked slowly with onions, tomatoes, and aromatic spices, adds depth and richness, making it one of the highlights of the meal. Soft and freshly made puri and salad completes the main course, perfectly pairing with the curries and adding a traditional festive touch.
To accompany these dishes, multiple types of rice are served, each with its own purpose. Plain rice balances the strong flavors of curries, pulao adds aroma and mild spices, and turmeric rice brings a beautiful color along with a subtle, earthy flavor. Together, these rice varieties make the main course wholesome, filling, and satisfying, just like a traditional Indian meal.
The meal concludes with desserts, which are an essential part of any Indian celebration. Sabudana kheer and rice kheer, both sweet and creamy, offer comfort and nostalgia, reminding everyone of festive meals and family gatherings back home. Finally, malpua, a traditional Indian sweet that is soft inside and lightly crisp outside, adds a rich and festive ending to the feast.
This Indian-style party in Japan beautifully shows how food connects people to their roots, even when they are far away from home. Through shared cooking, shared meals, and shared memories, this gathering became more than a party, it became a celebration of Indian culture in a foreign land. 💛
No matter where we live, Indian food always keeps us connected to our roots. 💛
So many foods!What your favorite Indian dishes?
返信削除Hello Satoshi San, thank you for asking me this question, my favorite Indian dishes are biryani and pani puri. I love the rich aroma and flavors of biryani, and pani puri is my all-time favorite street food because of its spicy, tangy water and crunchy texture. In fact, there are many Indian foods that I enjoy, as Indian cuisine offers a wide variety of tastes, spices, and regional specialties that I truly love to eat.
削除I can’t stand the phrase “a burst of flavors in every bite.” It makes me want to go to the streets of India.
返信削除Yes, Sensei. I would highly recommend visiting India someday. The country offers an incredible variety of traditional dishes, with rich flavors, regional specialties, and a vibrant food culture. The depth of culinary diversity makes it a truly memorable experience, and I believe you would greatly enjoy discovering Indian cuisine during your visit.
返信削除Everything looks so delicious! I've never seen or heard of these dishes before. I'm especially curious about Gobi sabji. Eating curry in India someday is one of my dreams.
返信削除Thank you so much! I’m glad you found them interesting. Gobi sabji is a simple yet very flavorful dish made with cauliflower and spices. I truly hope you get the chance to visit India someday, enjoying curry there is a wonderful experience, and I’m sure you would love it.
返信削除Seeing panipuri is making my mouth water—oh, how I miss it!
返信削除Haha, I know that feeling! Just thinking about pani puri makes my mouth water too, nothing can beat that tangy, spicy burst of flavors! Pani puri cravings hit differently, nothing else can replace that feeling!
返信削除