Last weekend, I went hiking with two friends and the parents of one of them. We climbed Mt. Yakushimae-yama in Kakamigahara City and Seki City, Gifu Prefecture. It's 304 meters high, about the same height as Mt. Kinka-zan in Gifu City.
We took our time walking the roughly five-kilometer trail, which took about three hours. The weather was fine, and it felt really refreshing. It had been a year since I'd seen one friend and her parents, so the conversation flowed easily, and it was a lot of fun.
For dinner, we cooked takoyaki together. We made and ate them with various tweaks. For example, we used sausages instead of octopus and added extra cheese. We also dipped them in a sauce made with green onions and ponzu (a soy sauce made with citrus juice). They were piping hot, melty on the inside, and delicious. Since I often host takoyaki parties with my lab members, I feel like I've improved at making them round compared to before. It was very fun. Everyone should try having a takoyaki party!

The picture from the hike looks really peaceful.
返信削除Once, I tried banana, octopus, and cheese together—with chocolate!
Octopus must have ruined the harmony.
返信削除That sounds great! I also like the ones with sausage. I often experiment with different fillings, but I always eat them with the regular sauce. So next time, I'll try experimenting with the sauce too.
返信削除