Foods and Culture 2025
2026年1月30日金曜日
Dear all,
Here is the link to Natsuki's Instant Ramen.
This is a PDF file but you can enjoy it as well.
I have never seen "Kinchan kitune udon."
QooQ
Your overview of the history of instant ramen was very engaging!
返信削除Just to hear your opinion for the discussion—how much do you think we should rely on it in a healthy lifestyle, and how much does the processing change its nutritional value?
Thank you. Of course, the nutrients you get from instant noodles are limited. In my opinion, I recommend limiting consumption to about twice a month. It's also important to supplement any missing nutrients. In recent years, instant noodles fortified with nutritional supplements have become available, so using those might be a good option.
削除Thanks. I have a question.
返信削除An instant ramen is Japan's culture I think, any county has culture like the instant ramen?
Thank you. While it originated in Japan, it's often seen in other countries as well. Famous examples include Korea's Buldak and Shin Ramyun. Also, at the Kaldi corner, I see instant noodles like Indonesian Mie Goreng and Vietnamese pho. It seems to be applied to noodle dishes around the world.
削除Thank you for the presentation. I thought Cup Noodle was origin, but I learned it was Chicken Ramen, and Cup Noodle was created based on experiences in the United States. That was very interesting to learn.
返信削除These days, there are so many kinds of instant ramen both in Japan and abroad. Do you know roughly how many types in the world?
Thank you. I also learned for the first time from my experience in America that Cup Noodles originated there. I don't know the global count, but at least in Japan alone, there seem to be over 1,000 varieties of instant noodles. Furthermore, since instant noodle culture has taken root in some countries overseas as well, there are likely even more varieties worldwide—possibly exceeding that number.
削除I have been to the Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama, and I was able to learn many of the same things that you explained in this presentation. It was very interesting. Have you ever visited the Cup Noodles Museum?
返信削除Cup Noodles Museum! I know it exists, but I've never been. It's just the right distance... I see, the real deal, where you can really learn about its history too.
削除I also recommend the Cup Noodles Museum in Yokohama that Miyachi-san mentioned. I remember going there about 15 years ago, so I don't know what it's like now, but it was fun making my own original Chicken Ramen and Cup Noodles. It was spectacular to see all the different types and era of instant ramen lined up.
返信削除In India, they even have vegetarian instant ramen, which I thought was amazing. In Japan, broth is inevitably animal-based, so it would be great to have instant ramen that is completely plant-based. If there are any, please let me know.
Thank you. If I have the chance to visit Yokohama again, I would like to visit the Cup Noodles Museum.
削除It seems there are some vegetarian-friendly products available in Japan, though the number is limited. However, due to cultural influences, the selection appears quite small. Given Japan's technological prowess and dedication to food, it seems entirely possible to create delicious vegetarian instant noodles.
Sorry for the late reply. I love cup noodles too. But whenever I eat them, I can't help but feel bad about the environmental impact. Are there any products using eco-friendly cups?
返信削除