Happy New Year, everyone!
I made Shishi-nabe with my lab members last month.
My teacher got lots of wild boar meat from a hunter and said, “Let’s cook Shishi-nabe!!! I’m counting on you, Funatsu-san!”
So, I invited my lab members to go shopping. We bought various ingredients, such as daikon radish, carrots, bean sprouts, Chinese cabbage, green onions, burdock, and deep-fried tofu. My favorite ingredient is the deep-fried tofu, because it is soaked in the miso flavor of the soup.
We used wild boar belly, which has a lot of fat. The meat we got this time was especially fatty. Maybe 80% is fat… lol. It might have been because this wild boar was so big-it weighed 120kg!
The Shishi-nabe was delicious. It was a cold day, so it warmed me up nicely. However, Shishi-nabe is also quite oily due to the wild boar meat, so we couldn’t eat very much.
The next day, we added Kishimen to the leftover Shishi-nabe and ate it. It was also very tasty. I want to make it again.
Satsuki Funatsu

In science labs in Japan, we used to do such food party frequently. In my labs student room, we have tap water facility and gas facility. These will be not installed after the renovation work planned next year. I feel really sorry for that.
返信削除