Pay Attention to How Well It’s Cooked (Takashi)

2026年1月12日月曜日

t f B! P L

 Hi all,

Aside from my comments, this will be my first post in this new year.

Subject: My holiday and recent illness

How are you enjoying the holidays? I imagine that watching young people in kimono must be fun for foreigners.

Unfortunately, I had a very bad time. On Saturday afternoon, I started to feel feverish, and my temperature rose to 38.6°C that night. My whole body ached, and my wife thought it might be the flu.

Since my son will take the Common Test for University Admissions next weekend, she was very nervous about the situation. From my point of view, it was a serious problem because all my schedules might be ruined, including my duties as the chair of a doctoral dissertation defense!

However, on Sunday morning, the fever was gone, although I still had persistent diarrhea.

After thinking about it carefully, I finally concluded that it might have been Campylobacter food poisoning, probably from an offal set meal I ate for lunch last week.

Do you enjoy yakiniku at restaurants? In Japan, they serve raw ingredients and customers grill them at the table. I don’t like my meat overcooked, but I learned that offal should be cooked thoroughly. I mention that other student choosing the same menu has no problem (I confirmed 10 min ago to write this).

I have attached a picture of this meal from the menu. It should be fine, as Google cannot identify the restaurant. 



Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ