Closing remarks (Takashi)

2026年2月27日金曜日

t f B! P L

This will be my last post.

This week, I went to Kyoto and spent three days there to support my son, who was taking a university entrance exam. The trip was a nice change of pace for me.Yesterday, I visited a famous Japanese sweet shop to buy mame mochi (rice cake with salted peas and red bean paste). I arrived at the shop before 9 a.m. and found about 50 people already in line. I had to wait for about an hour before it was my turn! Sorry I forgot to take pictures of the food.

(You see two lines on the right side in front of the shop, and three lines on the left side. It was before 9 AM of Thursday!)


I had planned to visit Kyoto Gosho (the Kyoto Imperial Palace), but I had to skip it. Instead, I visited the Former Main Building of the Kyoto Prefectural Office and enjoyed its old European-style architecture in Japan.


Back to this class, many students were very active, and I honestly could not keep up with all the posts and comments this year. I learned a great deal from this class. Everyone has their own food culture background, and indeed, food served as a communication tool that bridges different cultural backgrounds. In addition, food can also function as a unifying force among students who share the same cultural background.


I hope that food will support and connect you from time to time.

Good bye!


Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ