This month, I traveled to Delhi to attend the wedding of an Indian friend. It was my first time experiencing an Indian wedding, and I was deeply impressed by how vibrant and energetic everything was.
During my stay, I enjoyed many kinds of food. Of course, I tried a variety of authentic Indian dishes with rich spices and flavors. However, what left the strongest impression on me was something unexpected Sukiya in Delhi.
At this Sukiya, there were rice bowls made with chicken and even ramen dishes that do not exist in Japan. What surprised me most was that the ramen was not curry-flavored, as one might expect in India. It was genuinely delicious as ramen, and I was honestly impressed. Many of the menu items seemed like they would sell well even in Japan.
Through this class, we have learned how deeply food is connected to culture, history, climate, religion, and globalization. Seeing Sukiya in Delhi made me realize that food culture does not simply spread unchanged. It adapts, transforms, and blends with local contexts to create something new.
Today, we can eat dishes from all over the world almost anywhere. I find that truly inspiring. As I move forward, I hope to remember the foods and discussions introduced in this class and continue exploring different cultures through what I eat.
Thank you for learning together with me.
Goodbye, and best wishes to everyone.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿