This course was truly wonderful. As a working adult student who struggles with schedule management, I often fell behind with posts and comments. I sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this caused everyone.
Today, for the finale, I'll introduce two Mexican celebratory dishes.
One is mole. It's eaten at various celebrations. After Mexico was invaded by Spain, nuns developed this interesting food that blends traditional Mexican culinary culture with the meat-eating culture introduced from Spain. Chicken is topped with a sauce called mole and enjoyed with rice flavored with tomato sauce. Mole sauce blends nuts, cacao, and other ingredients, resulting in completely different flavors depending on the region. The first mole I tried was incredibly bitter and didn't suit my taste, but I gradually found ones I enjoyed. My favorite is Mole Poblano from Puebla, the birthplace of mole, which has a perfect balance of sweetness and bitterness.
Puebla is also a safe place to visit and famous for its charming Talavera pottery, making it a great travel destination.
Another dish is Chile en nogada. This is a dish eaten on Mexican Independence Day. A large green pepper (bell pepper) is stuffed with meat, served with a white walnut sauce and garnished with pomegranate seeds. The green of the pepper, the white of the walnut sauce, and the red of the pomegranate seeds symbolize the Mexican flag. Around September 16th, Independence Day, many restaurants serve it, so if you're traveling in September, be sure to try it.
I hope you all continue to encounter many delicious foods!!
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿