Hi everyone!
I really enjoyed taking this Internet Tutorial class, especially because the topic, Foods and Culture, is closely related to my interests and my field of study.
Reading everyone’s posts and exchanging ideas through the comment section truly broadened my perspective on food. It reminded me that food is not only about nutrients, processing, or scientific data, but also deeply connected to culture, traditions, and our daily lives. This course helped me see food in a more holistic way. Thank you very much, sensei, and everyone! :)
The final assignment about processed carbohydrate sources was also very interesting to me. I enjoyed revisiting how starch, as a major carbohydrate source, can come from various plant materials such as cereals, tubers, and legumes. Through different processing methods like milling, fermentation, or baking, these raw materials can be transformed into diverse food products.
I was also very happy to introduce Papeda to all of you. Thank you so much for your thoughtful comments and for reading my post so carefully! If you ever have the chance, please visit Indonesia :)
In this final post, I would also like to briefly talk about something sweet — cakes!
During more than two years of living in Japan, I’ve been paying close attention to Japanese cake shops. What I love most is how sweets, especially cakes, change depending on the season or special events. The word “seasonal” or 期間限定 (limited-time only) always catches my attention.
In Japan, it’s not only the scenery that changes with the seasons — the desserts do too. For example, Seeing Valentine’s, Halloween, or Christmas-themed cakes makes me feel the presence of each season more deeply. It reminds me once again how beautifully food and culture are intertwined.
I hope everyone stays healthy wherever you are. And if you ever feel tired, maybe eat a piece of cake to lift your mood a little, hehe. Thank you for all the discussions and interactions throughout this course.
Good luck to all of us!
Nahdiah Amin



0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿