What you eat is important, of course, but where you eat it can sometimes change the taste.
The other day, I visited Nagano Prefecture to go skiing. The weather was nice, but it was very cold.
At lunchtime, I ate curry near the summit at a mountain hut.
It was a very simple curry. But it tasted better than the curry I usually eat at home.
Where you eat, and who you eat with, can be a huge spice in itself.
Similarly, rice balls eaten at home can seem bland, but those eaten on field trips or during cherry blossom viewing feel delicious.And more,hunger can be the best spice.
Have you had experiences like this?
Please share them with me.
Thank you.
Curry rice during the mountain trailing is also the best option for me. It’s unfortunate that I can’t show it to you because images can’t be posted in the comment section.
返信削除While hiking... Are you making it yourself? I've never been camping, so I really admire that.
削除For me, it’s really the company that matters. Even simple Maggi (a popular instant noodle in India), back when we were in hostels, after a long day or late at night with roommates, felt amazing — so nostalgic.
返信削除Thank you for sharing such a wonderful memory! Meals shared with friends during that time are bound to be delicious.
削除