Introduction (Nahdiah Amin)

2025年11月24日月曜日

t f B! P L

Hello everyone, my name is Nahdiah Amin, but most people call me Nadia. I am from Ternate City, located in North Maluku Province, Indonesia. My hometown is known for its beautiful natural scenery, where you can enjoy both the sea and the mountains at the same time.

I love learning languages and exploring the cultural differences behind them. My interest in languages and culture began when I lived in Japan for 6 years during my childhood. That experience made me feel as if I grew up between two cultures: Japanese and Indonesian. The more I understood the differences between the two countries, the more I came to appreciate and love both. I hope to become multilingual in the future.

I am currently a first-year doctoral student at The United Graduate School of Agricultural Science (UGSAS), Gifu University. My field is food science, and my research focuses on upcycling coffee silverskin, a by-product of coffee processing, and examining its potential use in bread to help reduce food waste. I study how certain components of coffee silverskin can negatively affect bread characteristics, and how these effects can be minimized or overcome.

I enjoy many kinds of food, but my favorite Japanese dish is kaisen-don (seafood rice bowl). I love fresh fish, uni, and ikura, and I enjoy exploring different restaurants and places to try various kaisen-don. Below is a photo of one I recently had. I’ve heard that Hokkaido is the birthplace of kaisen-don, and I hope to visit someday to experience the flavors of the sea there.

Recently, on November 23rd, I watched the Shochiku Grand Kabuki performance in Gifu. It was my first time seeing Kabuki, and I was impressed by the detailed stage design and the traditional atmosphere. The story was also meaningful, making it a memorable experience.

I look forward to learning and discussing many things with all of you.

Thank you!


Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ