Introduction (Tasuku Miyachi)

2025年11月19日水曜日

t f B! P L

Hello everyone!! My name is Tasuku Miyachi, and I’m currently a second-year doctoral student at the United Graduate School of Agricultural Science, Gifu University. I come from Numazu City in Shizuoka Prefecture, a coastal town blessed with stunning views of Suruga Bay and easy access to Mount Fuji. 


In my research, I am trying to discover how plants adapt to acidic soils at a molecular level. This environmental stress is a main factor limiting the production of food crops in many areas, making this topic heavenly interesting as well as agricultural pertinent. As of late, I am captivated by the growing role of non-coding RNAs, especially after this year's Nobel Prize highlighted their importance. I am excited to see how this new field of study might provide more information for my research.



About Houtou, a Specialty Dish of Yamanashi

On my recent trip to Yamanashi to see the autumn leaves, I had the opportunity to sample one of the local favourites, Houtou. Houtou is a wide, flat noodle, traditionally taken with a home-made rich miso pudding and punctuated by a variety of fresh local vegetables, especially pumpkins. It is a favourite with dwellers of the region for its warmth and comfort, especially in the cold months of the year.

Unlike most customers, however, I have my unique sentimental attachments to the dish. It takes me back to my formative years, when my family would often travel to Yamanashi for the sole purpose of relishing the dish. The dish has thus been inextricably tied to family trips and nostalgia. The dish continues to be a menu favourite, and I get to relive the memories.


Tasuku MIYACHI

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ