Introduction (Tsubasa Takano)

2025年11月23日日曜日

t f B! P L

 


Hello, everyone! My name is Tsubasa Takano, from Captain Tsubasa, the famous Japanese comic. I was born in Fukushima Prefecture and have lived in both Chiba and Shizuoka Prefectures.

I am a working student, and usually I work for a forestry company. My job involves supporting and promoting forestry operations, such as improving work efficiency and safety, and researching and considering forestry management.


I am researching the seed dispersal of broad-leaved trees. In particular, I focus on seed dispersal by birds. In coniferous plantations (Sugi: Japanese cedar, and Hinoki: Japanese cypress), I have been monitoring the bird seed dispersal of broad-leaved trees.

My main topics include identifying which bird species disperse the seeds of which tree species, and which bird species contribute the most to seed dispersal in a plantation. Many tree species bear fruit to attract birds, then disperse their seeds. Although producing fruit (fleshy fruits or nuts) is a high biological cost for trees in terms of nutrient strategy, they have successfully survived for a long time.

As everyone knows, we humans love fruits. It seems that we help fruit trees prosper by planting and taking care of them. However, from another perspective, trees provide us with delicious fruits and skillfully use humans to ensure their own prosperity…



I recently went shopping at IKEA and have a lunch at the restaurant inside the store. Since IKEA is a company from Sweden, I was surprised by how many vegetarian and vegan foods they offered. I enjoyed the meatballs, which were delicious, but they were made entirely from plant-based ingredients.

Speaking of plant-based foods, fruits that plants produce on their own could also be considered vegetarian food.



I'm looking forward to having discussions with all of you.


Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ