Recently, I went out with a friend to enjoy hitsumabushi to celebrate receiving an award at a recent academic conference.
Eel is known to be quite expensive, but it is also considered highly nutritious. In Japan, it has long been valued as an energy-boosting food, especially when recovering from fatigue.
Hitsumabushi is a dish from Nagoya, which is one of the many popular dishes from the city. It's famous for how it is eaten in three different stages. It's provided with a set of condiments: chopped green onions, wasabi, shredded nori, and a dashi broth.
Hitsumabushi is a great dish for how much variation it has in flavor, texture and temperature in every step. This was a great way to commemorate a milestone.
Congratulations on your award! Actually, I've never tried hitsumabushi... Eating it with dashi sounds absolutely delicious!
返信削除Congratulations on winning the award!
返信削除I live near Nagoya, and there are many famous eel restaurants, so I go to a different one every year to find my favorite. When I looked at the photo, I was curious: Does the eel bowl have two tiers? I was surprised to see how many people could eat it.