Introduction

2025年12月4日木曜日

t f B! P L

I am Akari Oka.  Please call me 'Oka'.
I apologize to everyone for the late post.

I was born in Kami-town, Hyogo, famous for Tajima beef, Matsuba crab, and ski resorts. I received my bachelor's and master's degrees from Shizuoka University and currently live in Kawazu Town, Shizuoka Prefecture. I am a working student and am continuing my research in the doctoral course while working for a local revitalization.

My major is fruit horticulture, particularly tropical fruit trees.I have conducted a variety of research into the cultivation of papaya, guava, and avocado. In my doctoral course, I am primarily working on papaya and avocado research. 

In recent years, green papayas (immature fruits consumed as vegetables) have been produced in Japan. However, when cultivating papayas in temperate regions like Japan, the tree dies in winter, so they must be grown as an annual plant. In order to solve the issues with this cultivation method unique to Japan, I am conducting research on extending the harvest period, reducing the labor required for annual planting work, and ways to utilize tree waste.

Regarding avocados, I am working not only as a researcher but also as a job, with the aim of creating an avocado-producing region in the Izu region. I spent a year studying avocados in Mexico from 2023 to 2024. I would like to use this experience to work with local farmers and take advantage of Izu's warm climate to make avocados a new specialty product.

Today I'd like to introduce my favorite Mexican food. When you think of Mexican food, tacos and burritos come to mind, but my favorite is a soup called pozole. It contains large kernels of corn that you won't find in Japan, and you can add lettuce, radishes, avocado, lime, and more to your liking. Avocado and lime are not often added to soup in Japanese cuisine, so this was a very fresh experience for me. The lady at the farm always made it for me on special occasions, so it remains a special memory of my time in Mexico.









 

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ