Hello everyone🐏
The other day, I went to a restaurant for Jingisukan. Jingisukan is a dish that is especially popular in Hokkaido, Japan. It consists mainly of lamb or mutton cooked together with vegetables. A distinctive feature of this dish is the use of a special dome-shaped grill, which allows excess fat to drip away, resulting in a light and refreshing flavor.
My supervisor is from Hokkaido, and he hosts Jingisukan at our lab every year. I had never tried Jingisukan before joining the lab, but his cooking and a trip to Hokkaido with my senior colleagues in my department made me realize how delicious it is.
I was getting together with my friends at the beginning of the year, and she told us about a delicious Jingisukan restaurant in Kanayama, so we went. The restaurant's name is Kanayama Genghis Khan (金山成吉思汗).
The restaurant was very stylish, with a lovely, calm atmosphere. I ordered lunch, which came with a comparison of thigh, lamb, and loin meat, along with vegetables. I also ordered mentaiko potato salad as a side dish. The salad was topped with powdered cheese, which is apparently made from sheep's milk. It had a more "sheep-like" aroma than cow's milk cheese, which was particularly striking.
There was a wide selection of alcoholic beverages, and I was very satisfied with both the food and the atmosphere.
If you have a chance to go to Kanayama, be sure to stop by.
Ayaka Wakazono
Thank you Wakazono san.
返信削除I can’t really imagine what a “sheep-like” aroma is—could you explain what it smells like?
Thank you for your question. When you eat lamb, do you notice a different smell compared to beef? Sheep cheese has a similar fragrant smell !
返信削除