Closing the Year in Inuyama: A Quiet Journey (Yuni Kartika)

2026年1月20日火曜日

t f B! P L

 

At the end of last year, I visited Inuyama again, this time with a friend from Indonesia who was doing a six-month sandwich program at Gifu University. It wasn’t my first time here, I had been to Inuyama the year before, but every visit feels special. I love its quiet, serene streets, the stillness in the air, and how rich the town is in culture and history.

We started our walk at Inuyama Shrine, where the winter atmosphere made everything feel calm and reflective. Passing through the torii gate, we paused to express gratitude for the year behind us and hope for the one ahead. From there, we headed to Inuyama Castle, one of Japan’s oldest original castles. Standing at the top, looking over the calm flow of the Kiso River, the crisp winter wind reminded me of how small yet meaningful each step in life can be.

   

During our stroll, I also treated myself to Tanghuru (タンフールー) in Japanese, but it's also known by descriptive names like Fruit Candy or Caramel Strawberry, it was sweet, festive, and perfect for the season.

 

Visiting Inuyama again reminded me that closing a year doesn’t have to be loud or crowded. Sometimes, walking in a quiet town, soaking in its culture, and sharing simple moments with a friend is the best way to reflect, relax, and step into a new year.

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ