My first time, I made "Shabu-Shabu in Kabosu" at my home!
Hello, everyone. I had a holiday on this Saturday - My first time, I made "Shabu-Shabu" at my home! I had eaten it at some shop, but I had not made it ever.
Before making "Shabu-Shabu", I bought portable gas stove on Amazon. Amazon has a black Friday sale running until December 2nd, So I got it for a good price.
My " Shabu-Shabu" ingredients are under these.
Ingredients:
Napa cabbage, Carrots, Shimeji mushrooms, Green onions, Pork belly and
Kabosu (Japanese citrus)
"Kabosu" is Japanese citru fruit. I used this figure's Kabosu. Most people usually see green Kabosu, but this time I used a yellow one, which is rarely sold because it's an early-harvest type. A method to get one is secret(lol).
I made "Shabu-Shabu in Kabosu", I ate it with watching " Night Museum".
Your blog was very interesting. Recently, we had hot pot and sukiyaki at home. I haven't tried shabu-shabu yet, so I'd like to try it. Kabosu seems like it would have a refreshing taste. I wonder if the green and yellow varieties have a different flavor. It's been cold lately, so I want to eat something warm to avoid catching a cold.
返信削除Thanks, Ayaka. Sukiyaki is critical for Winter Season Foods I think. I like Sukiyaki with a mild sweetness. Green and yellow varieties have same flavor when I made dinner. But I felt the yellow one is light flavor.
削除Can't we get it yellow when we left it for a while after we bought it?
返信削除Thanks, Takashi Teacher. I think yellow kabosu is early harvest one, so keeping left for a while after bought green kabosu method leads riped one ( or rotten one). Thank you.
削除That sounds wonderful! I’m a big fan of citrus. I’m curious—can we usually find kabosu in regular supermarkets, or is it something you have to buy from a special place?
返信削除Thanks, Ritu. Sorry, I have no idea that Kabosu can buy anywhere. The method of getting the yellow one is received from my friend.
削除