Making Udon! ( Satsuki Funatsu)

2025年12月1日月曜日

t f B! P L

In November, I made udon with my friends during a holiday. Udon is a type of Japanese noodle made from flour, water, and salt.

First, we mixed the ingredients in order. Once the dough formed, we kneaded it repeatedly. After letting the dough rest for a while, we rolled it out, cut it into long strips, boiled them, and it was done! The dough was much more elastic than I expected, so kneading and rolling it out required a lot of strength. It was quite tiring.

When the udon was ready, we ate it with soy sauce, raw egg, and tempura (like bukkake udon, I think). The noodles turned out really thick and chewy, and honestly, they felt more like suiton (flour dumpling soup) than typical udon. Even a small amount filled us up quickly.

Although the final result wasn’t exactly the kind of udon I’m used to, it was delicious, and above all, making and eating it together was so much fun.

I’d like to try making it again someday to get a little closer to real udon!

Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ