Fear not! Let's eat raw oysters (Natsuki TONE)

2026年1月5日月曜日

t f B! P L

 One of my favorite foods is raw oysters.

Oyster farming is thriving in my hometown of Uwajima City.

Come winter, raw oysters become widely available.

It's one of my annual winter pleasures. It's no exaggeration to say they're the main event, even more so than New Year's cuisine!


Unfortunately, I didn't go home this year, so I spent a lonely New Year's season.

As my one luxury, I decided to buy some raw oysters! 

I've lived in Shizuoka for years, but the raw oysters commonly found here are from Okayama Prefecture... 

Back home, they were mostly from Ehime or Hiroshima, so these felt a bit fresh.

 I hadn't really thought about it, but Okayama ranks second or third nationally in production volume.


When eating them at home, I usually keep it simple with ponzu sauce. So I decided to try that again.

But feeling lonely, I also made some momiji oroshi. That was a first for me – sticking chili peppers into daikon radish and grating it...

Since I never get the chance to make momiji oroshi, I learned how to do it for the first time too.

The finished raw oysters were simple yet delicious. If I'd had lemon, it would have been even better!



Now, there are so many ways to eat oysters out there, but which one is the most popular?

Tabasco is what I hear most often, right? They say Tabasco was originally developed to be used on oysters, but I've never tried it...

For cooked oysters, fried oysters or ajillo are great too! Steamed, simply with just lemon, is also amazing...!

Please tell me your favorite way to eat them~!


See you next time~!!


Calendar

Search This Blog

投稿数

QooQ