My name is Miki Nagaya.
I study the reproductive physiology of fish. In particular, I conduct behavioral experiments to investigate whether secretions from male nest-building sticklebacks can attract females to their nests. Since reproduction is an essential aspect shared by all living organisms, I find this research very fascinating.
My favorite food is shimesaba (marinated mackerel). I really enjoy the rich flavor of fatty fish cured in vinegar. I sometimes make it myself, although removing the bones can be a bit troublesome.
My hobby is cooking. I often cook to clear my mind when I feel overwhelmed. I wouldn’t say I’m especially skilled, but I enjoy combining different ingredients and cooking methods to create something delicious. I’ve recently become interested in trying recipes from different countries, and lately I made momo, Nepalese dumplings.
I am happy to see your introduction at this moment. Speaking of shimesaba, you sometimes make it yourself, right? I’ve heard that anisakis can be found quite easily in it, so I hesitate to make it myself.
返信削除To kill anisakis, I cure the mackerel in vinegar and then freeze it for two nights before eating it. I’ve heard that chewing it thoroughly can make it safe even without freezing, but I don’t have the courage to try that.
削除Hello!! Nice to know you. Thank you for your introduction.
返信削除I am a big fan of momo—they are a very popular street food in India. I was wondering how you learned about momo.
Even though they are similar to dumplings and gyoza, the recipe and flavors make them quite different. The spices, fillings, and the way they are served really give momo their own unique identity.
I learned about momo through a friend of mine who is really into Nepalese cuisine. They made momo for me, and it was so delicious that I became interested in it. I also tried making it myself, but my friend is definitely better at making them than I am.
削除このコメントは投稿者によって削除されました。
返信削除